Sunday 9 December 2012

"Ginger" Evans--EMI worker 1980s

This photo is of Eric "Ginger" Evans, a larger than life character who worked at EMI when I was there, round about the mid 80s. It's difficult to see here, but the reason why he earned the nickname "Ginger" was due to his mane of ginger hair. The only info I have about him is that he lived at 43 Judge Heath Lane, Hayes and worked in the packing dept at EMI Hayes. Any more info about Ginger, or indeed, anybody else who is listed here, would be much appreciated!


3 comments:

  1. Well I am the grand-daughter of his good friend Ivor Anthony (engineer), whom he worked with at EMI (along with my father David Evans, but they fell out late 80's/early 90's). I remember Eric in the vague way you remember your early childhood and larger than life sums it up well. I know there to be photos of Eric and of he and my grandad around. I shall begin a hunt for them. Regards, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite possible given the photo that you have seen this, but in case it's of interest;

    http://ourhistory-hayes.blogspot.co.uk/2011/06/eric-ginger-evans-tgwu-union-emi-hayes.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jennifer and thanks a lot for your comments! Yes, Ginger was always "larger than life"....very outspoken and much feared by the management too, possibly because of his trade union membership! Please keep in touch and would be pleased to haer of any more tidbits you may have for us about EMI! Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete